September 06, 2009

Weeks One and Two

    
                       
                    

Weeks 1 and 2  of  my SLs journey were great.  I received so many compliments, not only on my hair, but people whom I have know for a long time are telling my that SLs are a perfect fit for my personality and how they envision me.  It's amazing what we learn when we gather the courage to venture onto the path of self discovery.  During this week I have experienced such an emotional and spiritual awakening.  There is a freedom that comes with accepting the natural state of ones' identity.  I believe that the years of using chemicals and other unhealthy haircare products have all culminated into this "rite of passage" for me. Once I stopped putting those products in my hair and began wearing my hair "naturally" I began this journey but i did not know where it would lead me.  I think  the reason I loved wearing my hair in braids for so long was because braids represented "acceptance" of my identity to me.  I teasingly told people all the time that "I will be 80 years old and still wearing my braids".  Well, I think that I can seriously say that this lifestyle change will usher me into my eighties and beyond. After all,there is so much more to learn and to love. So much more of life to live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.