September 06, 2009

Three Week Visit - Shampoo


I was up bright and early for my 3 week visit/shampoo.  Both Grace and Tayo examined my hair, noting the progress and condition of my locks.  I was told that I did not have any slippage and that my locks were responding very well to the process. My locks were shampooed, however, they did not braid or band them as I have read about on other blogs/sites.  I asked about this and was told that they didn't need to band them.  I'll have to ask if that comes later. I didn't think to ask while I was there.  I was told to continue with not putting anything in my hair. By the way, for several years now the edges of my hair have been very sparse and weak. This has been of concern to me because I love to wear my hair off my face. I've taken "before" pics and will post them at the time my "edge" locks are installed. Tayo told me that we will be able to start locks around my edges sometime in the next few months. I can see growth around my edges already and I am so excited!  In addition, I was told that I could separate/pull apart the locks as I felt I needed to. I will have my first "re-tightening" in 5 weeks.  Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.