September 20, 2009

A Special Thanks! - A MUST READ

Initially I began to include this in a previous post. But sistah's, I just couldn't do that because my hubby deserves not only a post all to himself,  but he deserves an entire website dedicated to thanking him for his support over the years. For the past 25 1/2 years of marriage, he has supported me in EVERY phase of my hair journey.  Through all the frustration, the doubts, the somewhat satisfied results, a few satisfied results,  the chemicals, weaves, hair cuts, braids, the beautiful natural phase, no matter what he has always been there to speak life, love and encouragement to me.  He has listened to the whinning, pouting, complaints,  answered for the" uumph teenth" time on the same day, my repeated questions of "how does my hair look, does my hair look okay...you sure...you're just saying that  so I won't ask you again aren't you???"  LOL, sistah's I know you know what I'm talking about...can I get at least one witness!  And do I even need to mention the hundreds of times I went to bed with all kinds of different looks, rollers, wraps, sleeping with my hand under head, sleeping on my face, head propped up, tight braids  or partially taken down and all the " I  don't want to mess my hair up" drama. You get the picture.  Still, he always told me I was beautiful and never complained.  Whew, I was tired of my own self!!!!!!!                  
So finally.....finally...I said  "FINALLY", he is, on a daily basis hearing something I know he thought he would never hear me say "I LOVE MY HAIR!!!"   I'm not only happy for myself and my new found freedom, but I am happy for him too.  So, if you haven't thanked your spouse, significant other or special people in your life for hanging in there with you on your path to freedom "DO IT".  They are a part of our journey too and they need to know that we appreciate them and what they gone through with us.  Oh my goodness, and how can I forget my incredible sons!!!!!  My poor sons have endured the same as their dad.  I'm laughing right now as I think about it because if you lived in the house with me you were a part of my "hair drama".  Now we are all celebrating this transition.  My youngest son, who is 20 yrs old, initially didn't want me to get "locks" but he loves my "sisterlocks".  Needless to say we are all happy.  "Thank You" to the three loving, supportive and wonderful men in my life.  You are simply, "incredibly amazing"!!!!! Enjoy you newly found "peace" and freedom as well....LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post about your husband and sons. Beautifully written blog. Your locks are coming along nicely. Keep blogging about it!!

    Maryee

    ReplyDelete

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.