September 21, 2009

Week 4 - One Month Progress Report

Okay my SL Family, I have reached the one month mark and I feel great!  My locks are progressing well.  I am posting some pictures so you can see.  Earlier this week my friend ,who also has locks, was  looking at my hair and commented that they are starting to bulk up and get volume. I was glad to hear this since they are always so flat in the mornings as a result of sleeping on them.   I always fluff them up in the morning but they still seem somewhat flat to me. Consequently, I am fluffing them throughout the day since I can't keep my hands out of my hair anyway.  I can see the progress but I think that no matter how well things are going, we always want them to go better.  I will say that my locks do have a lot of movement/body and I really haven't had any problems so far. 

Because the climate here is extremely dry my consultant told me that we have to make some adjustments to accommodate for the climate but still promote a healthy locking process.   I thought that due to the climate I would have a major issue with dryness since I haven't been able to put moisturizer (or anything else) in my hair. Although I noticed that my scalp is a little dry I haven't had a problem with itching or dandruff.  I do, however, know that some people do experience issues in these areas.  I have seen only a  few/minor stray flakes  in my hair but nothing that has concerned me. I told Grace, my consultant, that I would follow her instructions to a "t" and I have.  Overall, I'm very pleased.

Okay, so what's next?  Well, I read a lot of blogs where my sistah's are styling their locks and braiding, curling and the works.  I think I'm afraid to do that so soon.  When my consultant told me not to do anything to my locks I think I interpreted that as styling also.   I've just been free styling and some days I put on a headband and wear it off my face.   I don't know, I'll ask her when I go back in about three weeks for my re-tightening.  It seems that this is working for me so I suppose whatever works for each individual is just fine.  We are all different and so is our hair.  I will say that I see new hair growth already and my hair seems to be taking to the process nicely.  So this wraps up my "One Month" Progress Report. I am looking forward to what Month Two holds for me on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! It's always great to get feedback and encouragement from my sisterlock fam. Your locks look beautiful. I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.