November 27, 2009

Week 13 - Reti Recap / Consultant Addresses Number/Size

So this post will close out the size/number issue.  I had a great visit with my consultant last Saturday for my Reti appointment.  Ironically, she had not received my text regarding my lock size/number questions.  (She lost her cell). We have such a good rapport that we laughed as I shared my anxiousness with her and the fact that I was a victim of "information overload" and also that less than an hour after I sent the text I sent another one voicing my understanding of  what the  true focus of my locks should be and that I was okay.  LOL! Sometimes we just need to get things in the atmosphere in order to rid ourselves of  those nagging thoughts. Other times we can have so much information (even through blogging) that we begin to compare our locks too much and on every issue. This can cause us to "create" problems for ourselves. Thanks for helping me work through this SL sistahs.  My lock journey has gone absolutely beautiful and I love it.  At this point locks size and number is and shall forever remain a mute issue for me.

My consultant told me that she is more concerned about the health of my hair than any rule that says one must have a certain number of locks. Her goal is for me to have healthy hair /locks. I had to laugh since a number of you told me the same thing.   My hair is healthy, growing and beautiful and I am at peace with it.   My consultant is knowledgeable, experienced and  knows that I trust her expertise.


I hope these post will help someone else on their journey.  Just remember that though we are on the same journey, we are all different and we have to be flexible in applying hard, fast rules.  Sometimes it's necessary and wise to adjust rules and tailor them to our individual situations, environments/etc..  We can follow guidelines that will give us the desired result while promoting the growth of  healthy hair.  Don't be too stringent and too critical. Be patient with your hair and your journey.  And on non crucial issues such as lock size and number NEVER compare your locks with others.

RETI RECAP- Reti only took about an hour.  I did not have any slippage/unravelling. My edges are really filling in a lot and we should be ready to start some new babies soon.  I was told that I could begin spraying my scalp with  Janol spray once a week. Also, this time she did the reti  first and then shampooed me. She said that it really didn't matter. My hair turned out great.  My next appointment is in 6 weeks.  It was a great visit.   BLESSINGS!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow retight 1 hour!!! That is a great $$$$ and time saver. Well from the sounds of things your hair seems to be doing great. How wonderful. Stay Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The benefits of fewer locs= less $$$ and less time spent and still looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely!!! The benefits are great! I can't remember ever getting my hair done in an hour. LOL and I love the $$$ aspect of fewer locks.

    ReplyDelete

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.