November 18, 2009

Week 12- Feeling Better About Lock Size/Number





Okay Sistah's, I  heard you loud and clear. I so appreciated each of your comments and words of encouragement from my last post. You helped to ease the tension I had began to feel. Thanks for helping through this little period of uncertainty.     

I actually spoke with a local SL veteran whom I recently met. (Thanks D!) She assured me that my locks looked great and were the right size for my hair/head. She stated that she began with more than 400 very small locks but had problems with them breaking off and had to have many of them combined. She also said that if she had to do it again she would get them larger. In addition, even with her reduced number of (combined) locks, her DIY reti's are very time consuming and arduous. I feel a lot better since these were the concerns my consultant stated during our initial consultation that she did not want me to experience due to our climate/environmental factors, hair type and density, etc. Given that she has been installing Sls for about nine years I'm glad she knows the dynamics of the factors that promote a successful SL experience.

Lesson Learned: Don't over analyze or compare your locks to anyone else's If you have a very good consultant, trust her judgement and expertise. Believe your SL sistah's when they say "No two sets of locks are the same". Everything about locks are unique just as each of us is unique. Even Number and Size.

@ Shelly THANK YOU so much for commenting. It helps to know that I'm not alone. When I read your comment I actually let out a sigh of relief. Our situations are quite similar and your comments brought me so much relief.

I did text my consultant with my concern and we can talk about it on Saturday during my appointment, although I think I'm okay now.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!! BLESSINGS!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've sorted that out. Now you can just go ahead and enjoy your sls. It's true, that many people combine locs due to thinning and breaking. Infact I combined some of mine from 385 to 370-ish b'cos I didn't want to experience any breaking and I wanted them a little thicker. I also read somewhere that micros are no longer installed for that reason.
    Your locs look very nice and I wouldn't have known they were less than 300 by looking at your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anthia-Ofo. I appreciate your support. BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i had similar issues.....but didnt voice them out...i trusted my consultant completely.

    Yes i have had to combine some extremely thin ones at the temple...they were in danger of breaking off and i wasnt about to sit and watch it happen. Having said that i have only combined a hand full and these are predominately in front (i.e temples and front edges). I have roughly about 390 locks now. As luck would have it, my hair has grown in places i never thought would grow back so i have installed baby locks adding very fine synthetic hair to give it the same length as the rest of my locks.

    It's a work in progress and I am loving every step of the way.

    Am glad you've found peace with yours....now just go and ENJOY!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.