October 04, 2009

Week Six - A Beautiful Journey


                                                                          
Week six was uneventful in terms of  any major changes in my hair.  I understand that this is a gradual process but even at this stage, I am loving what my hair is doing. I think the key to my attitude is prior research.  I did an enormous amount of research on SLs and the process before I decided to transition.  I think that knowing that everybody's hair is different and being acquainted with the process has helped me a lot.  That's not to say that I won't have issues and concerns about the process, but right now, at this point I'm okay.  I'm going to trust my consultant and follow her instructions on caring for my locks. Right now my hair and are a little dry  but it's tolerable.  Not much itching or flaking but I've read that this is common for this stage.  I am intent on doing the right thing for my hair in order to aid it in doing what nature directs it to do.  I must be patient with it.  I did stop by to see my consultant about a week ago just to have her check to see if  my hair was too dry.  She assured me that my hair was doing great and wasn't too dry. Interestingly though, other people say that my hair doesn't look dry.

I'm getting lots of compliments and have been talking with other locked sistahs whom I know.  Now that I have joined them on this journey our connections is even closer.  Isn't that amazing?  Met a beautiful sistah (Leigh Ann) while out shopping yesterday.  I noticed her right away because her SLs were so beautiful.  They were about 2 years old and looked incredible.  We talked for a while and she was so nice, encouraging and had a beautiful spirit.  There really is a "sisterhood" among "locked" sisters.

So I start Week 7 on tomorrow.  I'll go on Saturday (10/10/09) for my fist "reti" and my second shampoo (third if you count my installation day).  I am so excited about it.  I've been making sure that I separate the locks so that they don't "creep/bunch" into adjacent locks.  Still haven't put anything on my hair (not even water).

Okay, enough for this week.  You really can't tell any changes with the pics I took this week but I'll post  them anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Kendria - the favorite niece!October 10, 2009 at 1:33 PM

    Loving the two toned colors. I think I'm going to go two toned as well. Your hair looks like its getting really long. You've got a great short bob there. I'm getting mine rodded at the end of the month. I've never tried that before, but what the heck, its something new.
    I love you and keep shakin' what ya mama gave ya! Oh Kensley is pulling my arm. She says, HI T-LANE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ken, I think your locks will look great two-toned. Yeah, my hair is growing & I'm loving it so. Send me a pic when you get yours rodded. Take care of my baby. Tell her "T-Lane" loves her and she can have whatever she's pulling your arm to get for her...LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.