April 20, 2010

Catching Up...Again - Week 35

  I've been like crazy busy these past few weeks and I've missed updating my blog but I'm baaack!  So here's an update on what's been going on over the past month.

Yea!!! I have a pony tail.  Okay, so it's more like a "pig tail" but it's mine and I love it!  The pics of my ponytail  were taken March 16th.  I was reading other blogs and seeing the beautiful styles on some of  blogs I follow (ie; Gizzlz, Dominique, Ofo, Kay Exquisite and always Blaqkofi) and was  encouraged / inspired to try something new.  I know I'm normally a freestyle girl but on that particular day, I went for it.   And, to my surprise I was able to pull my locs up in a scrunchie.  My edges look sparse but they are filling in since I got my locs.


I've tried a couple of styles since then.  I did a little something..something different with my locs.  I love it!!!  I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable expanding outside of freestyling.  I think that because my locs have more length and fullness I'm able to experiment a bit more.

With reference to maintenance, I was told at my last reti (March 27th) that I can shampoo at home at the three week mark.  Well, I'm at that point now and I've been so busy that I will get it done some time this week.  I have to find a good shampoo since this is my first home shampoo since I've been locked.  I appreciate any suggestions on the process and products.

I am 35 weeks locked and I am sooooo enjoying this journey.   BLESSINGS!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 'pigtail', don't forget to post pics! It only keeps on getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I will. Looking forward to continuing the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry its been so long since I've been on the blog. You're looking great auntie!

    ReplyDelete

PHOTO COPYRIGHT

Please do not copy or reprint any of the photos from this blog
without my expressed written permission.